Tuesday, April 24, 2007

April Fooled!

My Aunt and Uncle used to have a saying when I was growing up. The saying goes like this "even the best boxer in the world got beat". This was usually applied when I had rough day no matter the circumstance. That weekend was a great example of this quote. No, I am not the best of anything but I can be a bit of an egoistic. In this case I was neither. That Sunday, I fenced at the Great Lakes sectionals. In pools, I went 2-2 and my "partner in crime" Natalie Miller went 1-3. Since I had beaten Natalie before in pools I took it for granted I would do so again. But Natalie turned " nasty" even as I had gone ahead 11-9 Natalie did not fold like usual and she beat me 15-11. This might seem strange but if anyone was to beat me I was glad it was Natalie. I am very proud of her. I have always thought that she was good, what happened next proved it. Natalie went on fence two more matches back to back. After almost getting to the championship, she pulled a Ken Hagan ( who fence for and won bronze at sectionals.) Natalie led the girl 8-6 at the break, then went on to break her down 15-9. She did a great job! Now for divisional and as far as I am concerned It is time for all of us to have our "A" game, cause it looks like Natalie found her's.

No comments: