Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Prayer for the Redeemed

"I have never craved the system's sympathy
I get restless over pity's minds
Some precaution wouldn't harm my history
If I have the will to wait a little while

You cut the silence like a knife
You know I can't repent for wrong
Moonlight falling over me
Sail on where the shadows hide
Moonilght crawling down on me
Just like you could not compete
With my pride

Compensation for a misconducted life
Is it way too much to ask
Hard to wake up with your heart and soul deprived
When the morning comes to second to your last

You cut the silence like a knife
Like the edge of my last defence
You cut the silence like a knife
You know I won't repent for all
"Moonlight by Kamelot

The other day, I while I was at work ' I was greeted with " hello trouble", a common greeting that I receive due to my past indiscretions at the office. So what crime did I commit for that scarlet moniker? The crime of the truth. A crime in which I dared to tell the brass that they have " no clothes" . So from that point forward I was trouble .

I wish I could say that the tag is new but alas it is not. It is a title richly earned at the expense of personal success. A title taht has been applied to me once before in the past by those who find my constant adherence to common sense and reason threatening to there very existence. I am especially trouble for those who revel in the champagne of the status quo. That is why I am called trouble. Because, I spurn the drink of champagne named blind obedience ne' the status quo. You see any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more difficult than need be. But it takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. A direction that is benefical for all, not just expedient for a few.

No comments: